Sublet: You intend to have another tenant in the unit for a defined period of time and you will return to the unit and take possession at a defined date.
Assignment: You intend to have another tenant take possession of the unit and do not intend to return to the unit.
Should you require to sublet or assign your unit/lease please review the following process and responsibilities:
- Completion and submission of appropriate intent form with the non- re fundable $75.00 processing fee.
- You will be responsible for marketing, advertising and showing the unit to prospective tenants.
- You will be responsible to have prospects complete the rental application in its entirety and submit with security deposit and acceptable credit check ( Equifax or TransUnion ) . Should you or the prospect not have access to perform a credit check, MCRE can provide a credit check for $42.00.
- Once MCRE receives all pertinent information, documents and fees the prospect application is processed.
- Should MCRE approve the prospect, you and the new tenant will need to attend the MCRE office to complete the sublet/assignment documents and arrange a move out/move in time and date.
- MCRE may decline the prospect for delinquencies discovered during the application process or if the lease expiration date is within 3 months of the sublet/assignment date.
Please note that completing the intent form and paying the $40.00 fee does not mean that you have completed the process and you no longer have responsibilities. Until MCRE has approved a new tenant and all documents are complete and all fees are paid, you will be responsible for maintaining the unit and paying all rent and corresponding utilities.